Dairy Queen Onion Rings
- 2 Vidalia onions
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups fine cracker crumbs
- 2 cups white corn meal
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cups water
- 4 cups Crisco oil (or enough for your personal fryer)
- Slice onions 1/2-inch thick
- Do not use the very small rings, save those for chopped onions.
- Add buttermilk and water in a large bowl.
- Coat rings one at a time with buttermilk
- Add flour to bowl
- Now gently dip the same ring into buttermilk again, and then coat with corn meal.
- Fry in hot oil until golden