Yield: 3 (5-inch-by-3-inch-by-2-inch) loaves
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Lightly spray the inside of 3 aluminum loaf pans.
- In a small mixer bowl fitted with a paddle, cream the butter with sugar. Add the eggs.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture. Add the bananas, extract, and buttermilk.
- Pour batter equally into each loaf pan. Bake in a 340 F oven for about 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.