T.G.I. Friday's Broccoli Cheese Soup Secret Recipe
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup half & half
- 4 slices Kraft Cheddar Singles
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets (bite-size)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Combine chicken broth, water, half & half, cheese, flour, onion and pepper in a large saucepan. Whisk to combine and to break up any lumps of flour, then turn heat to medium/high.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Add broccoli to soup and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is tender but not soft.
- For each serving spoon one cup of soup into a bowl and garnish with a tablespoon of shredded cheese and a pinch of parsley. Makes 6 servings.